one sees clearly only with the heart
what is essential is invisible to the eye

b4-11
Jacelyn. The slightly deranged teenager getting ready for the zombie apocalypse, also addicted to sugary/sweet stuff and junk food. MLIA.
Longer profile & list of links.

Up With The Birds / One eye on what you do. / (still) MYLO XYLOTO / MYLO XYLOTO / Flawed logic. / CLEARANCE / Conclusion. / Detest the passion. / Astronaut/Relapse / Paradise /
Major Minus
Saturday, November 12, 2011

Exam results were decent I guess. Couple below ave, above ave and such. But its alright.
It's over. Wait for progress report then say ba.

-----

Chalet was fun :D I was greeting by being drenched by the hose. Went to the beach too;
And some folks found a family of Squishy(s) :D I picked rocks. I wish SG had seaglass D:
"I shall call it squishy and it shall be my squishy."
BBQ was cool. I LIKE FANNING (and eating) Though it was amusing, watching ahem impress ahem.
LOL. And I spent most of my time prancing barefooted 8D (more elaboration later)
COOKING SCRAMBLED EGGS/INSTANT NOODLES/DRINKS AT 3AM LIKE A BOSS.
Watching a lot of vids too :D (Does It Blend, music vids... I watched everything except American Pie)
I HAVE NO DESIRE TO WATCH THAT. Yay to playing cards and random crapping :D
Boo to playing complicated games half dead. Managed to sleep, but caught a cold.
Oh ya the surprise for Val :D Which pissed her off but... GOOD JOB. IM PROUD OF ALL OF YOU.
Filling water bombs and coordinating monkeys is hard work! Work up next morning halfdead :D
Of course, there was playground, climbing here and there, getting nauseous, retardation;
Swinging to the sky and whatnot. And of course, a pinch of adolescent movie-type romance here and there.

Thanks for the awesomeness folks! And Cari for the bungalow!

-----

Friday aft sch was at Cari's house baking with Jaryl, Cari, Lisa, Py (and Madhu and Val later)
It was fun and messy :D But Lisa and Jaryl most of the time hving private time in Cari's room;
WITH THE DOOR LOCKED. Nvm :3 It was really fun, thanks!

And at night I was at the gala premiere of Kaiji 2 at The Grand Cathay. For free.
WHICH WAS REALLY GRAND. My first time in The Grand Cathay. Huge :O
Saw Tatsuya Fujuwara in person too! He played Light in Death Note, now Kaiji.
He looks diff from the Kaiji posters. He looks much more handsome/hot. And really nice;
Like he's super polite and actually does autographs :D He also did a little presentation thing;
Just before the premiere started in The Grand Cathay. I'm so privileged hohoho.
It's a really good show. I think I watched the 1st movie... It's ok if you didnt.
And its funny at times. Tatsuya's expressions are amazing XD

-----

Today I was at a HSSRP presentation at NTU, Ms Chua Bann took the applicants and some yr1s.
It was odd. But I enjoyed it and learnt quite a bit. I don't think my application is successful anyway.
Oh ya those 'chosen' Humanities yr2 kids (you know who you are), Ms Chua told me sth;
She'll be recruiting Moot Parliament teams next week. So start thinking and forming teams.

Sometime this week I'll drop by Sephora and Uniqlo. Christmas sale and year end respectively.
Was at AFA today too With WJ, Cari and Lisa. It was... AMAZING (as expected)
Cosplayers enthu and all around, mech everywhere, folks playing cards... it's a great atmosphere.
Entered a shop with a lot of Kuroshisuji mech and almost screamed in delight. TEEHEE.
But super ex. NVM. Damn crowded, but the experience is good :D

-----

I learnt a lot this year I guess. But I generally learn better from experiences.
And my biggest lesson this year is:
Never have high expectations. Keeps standards low and mouth shut.

I overestimated myself, and paid very terribly for it. Still am.

----------

I apologise for my inherent lack of flair.

I cannot string coal shards into diamond necklaces, glimmering by the flickering flame.

I cannot weave skimpy hay strands into emerald silken sheets, nor sew intricate golden dragons onto them, for they refused to soar, to roar and awaken hems sewn with silver and sweat.

I cannot stop my deteriorating digits, to wield the flute and serenade the herons, to captivate them into a trance, above gleaming carps and beneath blooming sakuras. I am incapable of such a symphony, to still the herons' snow-cloak, command the carps into a silent synchronous spell-dance.

I cannot manipulate the sword, wield it and dance like the samurai. My steps are far from featherlight, the blade screeching with every slash, for I disgrace its iridescent encrusted jewels and its richly saturated history.

I cannot pen poems that prance through hearts and melt iron walls. They will not seduce the deaf nor blind, for the pen leaks less than splotches of mockery.

There are many things I cannot do.

-

I cannot say that I cannot do anything. Because it is as true as the earth be flat. I can love, give every ounce of it that my shattered and battered frame holds. Scrape the scorched sides, possibly fill a bucket or two.

-

I cannot say I was always so fragmented. Rewind the eons, look for the lass with the naive grin. Yes her, with her pimply face and the innocent gleam in her squinting eyes. She was a dreamer, a queen.

Feed her a coal lump and she spits beads of diamond. Give her twenty three strands of hair, cease to blink as she weaves them into a silk gown worthy of the heavens. Another reel of silver thread, admire as dragons dominate the starry skies, above hems intricate beyond the human mind, which pale as weed to rose. Hand her an ivory flute, for as it touches her raspberry lips, herons freeze and carps swam like clockwork, synchronously evading each in patterns that captivated even the blind. Pick a sword for her, she will dance, slipping into the skin of a ballerina samurai, deadlier for each step is inaudible as she prances on paper-thin ice. Prick her finger, she will etch poems with liquid ruby, bringing down walls and molding hearts to her every whim

There are many things she could do.

-

She took pride in her talents, she sought advancement and enlightenment.

She took her heart, soul and mind. She packed them in a floral scented box. She tied it to a stork, commanding its delivery to the neighboring kings and queens, a gift to a gathering of the highest.

-

They accepted her gift, offering, sacrifice.

And fed it to the dogs.

----------





Layout: vehemency